“My commitment is to deliver compassionate care based on clear and honest communication that leads to consistent, exceptional results.” -Dr. Dutton
Dr. Dutton has always been certain of two things in his medical career. He wants to be a Plastic Surgeon that his community can be proud of, and he wants to serve the wonderful people of North Carolina.
Growing up in a small town in NC, his roots in the Tar Heel state run deep. From an early age, he enjoyed attending collegiate games with his father and grandfather before ultimately choosing the University of North Carolina for his undergraduate degree (Go Heels!).
Dr. Dutton considers himself a life-long learner and constantly strives to hone his craft. His passion for Plastic Surgery has taken him around the country. He attended medical school at West Virginia University where he graduated at the top of his class. He went on to train at Emory University, a renowned Plastic surgery program. Ever the perfectionist, Dr. Dutton decided to expand his surgical experience with an Aesthetic Fellowship at Cleveland Clinic where he spent a year immersed in Facial rejuvenation surgeries with a leading Facelift surgeon. While he has tailored his experiences to specialize in Facial rejuvenation, breast and body surgery, Dr. Dutton recognizes the most important part of his job is the patient.
“One of the hallmarks of a good Plastic surgeon is being a good listener. Every patient is unique and it’s important to understand their individual goals and desires. My commitment is to deliver compassionate care based on clear and honest communication that leads to consistent, exceptional results.”
Dr. Dutton is excited to be home in the Queen City, and he can’t wait to serve you with any of your plastic surgery needs.
- Undergraduate: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Medical School: West Virginia University School of Medicine – Morgantown, WV
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Emory University – Atlanta, GA
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic Facial Aesthetic Program – Cleveland, OH
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Member of Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgery
- Merit Dean’s Scholar & Mountaineer Medical Scholar WVU
- Multiple Peer Reviewed Journal Publications & Book Chapters
- Grand Rounds Lecturer at Multiple Plastic Surgery Programs
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. J. Walter Dutton!
We’re ready to discuss all of our services and what fits your needs best. Please fill out the form below and we’ll respond in the order it was received.