My First Experience With Botox
Meet Jayne, a local 30-something who recently tried Botox for the first time, much to the dismay of her friends.
What did you know about Botox before trying it?
- I had done my fair share of looking online, reading blogs, and skimming before and after pictures, but I had never spoken to an expert about it.
What stopped you from getting injectables before?
- There is just such an overall stigma with Botox. It seemed very “Hollywood” and self-absorbed to me. Plus, I had heard that your face would be “frozen” and I didn’t want to lose my ability to be expressive. I’ve heard horror stories about people looking “plastic” and I didn’t want to not look like myself.
What made you finally decide to move forward?
- In the past year, I have been noticing a change in my skin: more wrinkles, more fine lines, and I felt like I’m constantly looked tired. I needed a boost! And I have always been interested in knowing more about Botox, but I haven’t known many people in my circle of friends that have done it. Actually, not one that I know of. Some friends & family were less than supportive – they were skeptical and some even criticized.
What did you learn about injectables?
- My registered nurse injector, gave me a comprehensive, hour-long, consultation. We talked about EVERYTHING – how injectables work, why certain myths are out there, where to have it injected, and who should and shouldn’t do it. She wanted me to be an educated consumer above all. She is a true expert and I was floored with the wealth of information she gave me.
How do you feel after your first Botox procedure?
- Having Botox made me feel like I’m not the only woman out there having concerns about my face, and that my concerns were valid. I felt so comfortable during the experience and I still look like me, just more “rested.” Now I feel like I have the tools to really take on my skin! I’m more educated about the potential risks as well as the potential success that my skin can have. And I learned that a lot of the fears my friends & family had about Botox were based on false information. Learning more from a registered nurse injector really opened my eyes to a new world of options for my skin.
Find Out More About Injectables
Are you interested in learning more about Botox, what to expect after your first time with botox, and how it can potentially soften the first signs of aging? For more information and to meet with one of our expert registered nurse injectors, schedule a consultation.
Let us know if you liked this post!