There are countless ways to rejuvenate your skin, reduce sagging and wrinkles, and gain self-confidence. For some patients, the best approach is to pursue surgical intervention, such as a facelift. But for other patients, the most desirable options are the ones that deliver real results without the need for anesthesia, incisions, or prolonged recovery times.
One of our most popular non-surgical procedures is called Profound RF, which can substantially improve the health and quality of your skin. While Profound RF is a relatively straightforward procedure and doesn’t come with the kind of extended recovery you’d get with plastic surgery, it’s still smart for patients to be aware of some basic post-procedure instructions. In this post, we’ll share just a few Profound RF recovery tips.
Introducing Profound RF
First, what is Profound RF?
This is a groundbreaking device that allows us to stimulate your natural production of elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid… basically, the three components that are most essential for healthy skin.
So how does this device work? Profound RF uses fractionated radiofrequency energy, a very gentle heat that penetrates deep layers of skin tissue. By simulating wounds, it causes your body’s healing abilities to kick into overdrive, ramping up the production of elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid.
This results in skin that is younger, firmer, and altogether healthier. Also, take note that the Profound RF treatment is safe for pretty much all skin types and is fully approved by the FDA.
There are a number of potential applications for Profound RF. Some examples include:
- Lifting loose skin and sagging jowls
- Smoothing cellulite on the buttocks or the thighs
- Contouring the neck and the area under the chin
The best way to determine whether Profound RF is right for you is simply to schedule a consultation with one of our team members.
Profound RF Recovery Tips: What Our Doctors Say
One of the advantages of Profound RF is that it doesn’t require you to have a lengthy downtime, as you would with any kind of plastic surgery. With that said, patients can expect some minor side effects for a few days. It’s important to go into your treatment fully aware of what these symptoms are, and what you can do to abate them.
What to Expect from Your Profound RF Recovery
Following your Profound RF treatment, you can expect some minor bruising, redness, and swelling near the treated area. These symptoms will usually resolve on their own after two to seven days.
How Long Should You Take Off from Work?
As patients consider their Profound RF recovery, one common question is how much time they will need to take off from work, school, or their other normal activities. The good news is that most patients feel perfectly fine to resume their normal activities within just 24 hours. You may still have some redness, but you can conceal this with some makeup, allowing you to confidently jump back into your regular life.
Navigating Profound RF Recovery
Some general tips and guidelines for ensuring a smooth and comfortable recovery:
- Use ice packs to keep swelling at bay. On the day of treatment, we recommend applying an ice compress for 20 minutes, every two hours. This can help minimize swelling and bruising and make your entire recovery more pleasant. After the first day, you probably won’t need the ice packs any longer.
- Wash the treated area carefully. Because the treated area will be a little tender, we recommend washing carefully for the first week. Use tepid water and a gentle cleanser, while avoiding any coarse or harsh scrubbing. Pat dry.
- Keep the treated area well-hydrated. For the first week, you’ll want to ensure plenty of hydration for your skin. You can ask your provider for some specific moisturizer recommendations, but often, something as simple as Aquaphor or Vaseline will work wonders.
- Protect yourself from the sun. It’s imperative to keep the treated area shielded from the sun for the first four to six weeks after treatment. Any time you go outside, ensure that the treated area is protected under clothing or under SPF30 or above.
- For 24 hours, avoid anything that works up a sweat. On the day of your treatment, steer clear of any activities that might induce sweating. This includes strenuous exercise, but also hot showers, baths, or trips to the sauna.
- Don’t pick! One final tip for your Profound RF recovery: Allow the treated area to heal on its own. Resist the urge to “pick” at it, which may compromise your results.
You’ll be provided with a more specific set of aftercare instructions when you join us for treatment. And of course, if you have any questions or concerns about your recovery from Profound RF treatment or for some more Profound RF recovery tips, we welcome you to contact our office at any time.
Is Profound RF Right for You?
No matter what kind of cosmetic procedure you’re considering, it’s always important to schedule a consultation with an experienced provider, who can help you determine whether the treatment in question is right for your needs.
Generally speaking, the best candidates for Profound RF are those who are looking to improve the quality of their skin, without the need for anesthesia or for surgery. We typically advise against having this treatment if you have an active skin condition, such as an acne breakout. If Profound RF isn’t the best option for you, we are always ready to recommend some safe, effective alternatives.
Schedule a Consultation with Charlotte Plastic Surgery
At Charlotte Plastic Surgery, we understand that different patients have different expectations for their cosmetic treatments. We are happy to provide a range of surgical and non-surgical options and are always willing to explain the options and answer your questions.
As you consider getting Profound RF, we welcome you to make an appointment at any time. We’d love to help you take the first steps toward improving the health and quality of your skin. Contact Charlotte Plastic Surgery whenever you’re ready to make an appointment.
Let us know if you liked this post!