Sometimes people ask what’s the difference between CoolSculpting vs CoolSculpting Elite. Both are nonsurgical fat loss treatments that eliminate unwanted fat from specific areas of the body.
If you have areas where your body holds on to a little extra fat that you don’t like, you probably wished for a way to slim down. Most likely, health and fitness experts told you that you can’t spot reduce. That is true; you can’t choose where you shed fat through diet and exercise. However, certain fat reduction procedures can eliminate fat from specific areas.
CoolSculpting is one of those treatments. You can permanently change your proportions and contours. While this may sound ideal, we need to point out that CoolSculpting® is not a weight loss procedure. It removes targeted areas of stubborn fat and works best for people close to their goal weight range.
The Main Difference Between CoolSculpting vs CoolSculpting Elite
CoolSculpting Elite is the newer, more compact version of the CoolSculpting machine. The CoolSculpting Elite uses two specialized applicators instead of one. This means CoolSculpting Elite can treat more areas at once, so people who want to treat multiple areas of their body will have shorter sessions than with the legacy model. For example, if you’re going to treat both your thighs and both your upper arms, the process will be much quicker with CoolSculpting® Elite.
Its new C-shaped applicators can be configured to seven different sizes and shapes to fit better. Many people find the new machine more comfortable. New Beauty magazine reported that the C-shaped applicator fits the body’s natural contours more comfortably for both a more comfortable fit and better results.
Some providers still offer classic CoolSculpting, some offer CoolSculpting Elite, while others have both types of machines. Both the original CoolSculpting and CoolSculpting Elite are generally safe.
The Fundamentals Remain Consistent
Like classic CoolSculpting, it is FDA-cleared to reduce body fat in nine areas of the body. These are CoolSculpting Treatment Areas:
- Under the chin and jawline
- Love handles, waistline, or flanks
- Inner and outer thighs
- Upper arm
- Male chest
- The back and bra fat area
- The banana roll under the buttocks
- The belly, stomach, or abdomen
According to Coolsculpting’s website, the treatment typically results in eliminating around 20% to 25% more fat in a treated area. So CoolSculpting Elite is more effective than the legacy CoolSculpting machine.
How CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite Work
Sometimes people ask how CoolSculpting works, we think it’s pretty cool, no pun intended, so we love to tell them CoolSculpting® uses a technique called cryolipolysis. It involves freezing fat cells, which in turn destroys them. The procedure is both non-invasive and FDA-cleared. While it doesn’t remove as much fat as a more invasive procedure like liposuction, it subtly resculpts the area without requiring any downtime.
During the treatment, your provider uses Coolsculpting’s proprietary applicator to apply controlled cold to specific targeted areas. The cold breaks down the fat cells or freezes them creating ice crystals within the fat cells. Some of those fat cells then rupture. Fat cells are particularly susceptible to cold temperatures, which is why they’re damaged or eliminated while your skin and other tissues aren’t harmed.
After the treatment, your body naturally releases the destroyed fat cells by reabsorbing them. The results unfold over the next few weeks following your CoolSculpting or CoolSculpting Elite treatment, and you may lose as much as a quarter of the fat in the targeted area.
Results are not instant, you will start to see results within a couple of weeks, but you will continue to lose fat for about three months. If you want to lose more fat, retreatment is an option after you see the extent of your first treatment’s results. In addition, it is important to find alternative options for keeping fat off after CoolSculpting.
Benefits of CoolSculpting® Elite
Both classic CoolSculpting and CoolSculpting Elite are great options. The benefits of body contouring, specific CoolSculpting include:
- You can subtly resculpt your body’s proportions and contours using both versions.
- If you only need to lose small pockets of stubborn fat, CoolSculpting® is a safer yet effective non-invasive option.
- Unlike more invasive procedures like liposuction, you may almost immediately return to your everyday life. You may feel some initial tenderness at first, but it should get better in the first few days after treatment.
- While classic CoolSculpting was effective with fat reduction, and with questions like “will coolsculpting work on cellulite” the answer is that Elite is even more effective with a 20% to 25% more fat reduction rate.
- The procedure was already comfortable enough that people read, streamed a show, or even nap during their session. CoolSculpting Elite is even more comfortable because the updated applicator is C-shaped to fit the body’s contours.
- Since the CoolSculpting Elite machine has two applicators, your provider can treat two areas simultaneously.
- Both result in far more gradual loss, starting a couple of weeks after your session until about three months after your CoolSculpting session.
- Many people find the anticipation of their results as a motivating force. They may eat a little healthier and exercise more which amplifies their results.
- Some find that drinking plenty of water and daily self-massage helps relieve the initial discomfort and may even help the results unfold a little faster. This routine helps develop the habit of self-care and staying hydrated.
Always make sure to ask your provider how many CoolSculpting treatments are needed to achieve your goal.
Your Next Step Towards a More Sculpted You
If you are considering CoolSculpting vs CoolSculpting Elite, then your first step is to schedule a consultation to understand some of the reasons to get CoolSculpting. While CoolSculpting is FDA-cleared and deemed safe and effective, it isn’t for everyone. Your provider will help you navigate these choices and identify your best option.
Have a frank discussion of your goals, your concerns, your overall health, and your lifestyle. Ask to see examples of the kind of results you can realistically expect. CoolSculpting is best for eliminating small areas of unwanted fat including CoolSculpting for double chin.
The Skin Center by CPS proudly serves the Charlotte, NC community offering today’s most sought-after nonsurgical cosmetic procedures. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Let us know if you liked this post!