Breast Augmentation / Lift
- PATIENT’S AGE: 35
- PROCEDURE(s):Breast Lift with Augmentation
- REASON FOR CHOOSING PROCEDURE:Patient unhappy with deflated appearance of breasts after having and breast feeding children.
- RESULTS/BENEFITS:Excess skin was removed, the nipple areolar complex reduced, the nipple repositioned, and implants placed to create a more youthful breast contour
Am I a Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift Candidate?
Is breast augmentation with a breast lift surgery right for you? Here’s a few key questions you can ask yourself to know whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for breast augmentation with breast lift surgery:
- Your breasts are asymmetrical – they are not the same size or shape
- Overall, you are healthy, not pregnant and not planning on becoming pregnant
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You recently lost weight or had a baby and your breasts are sagging and they have lost their volume
- You are bothered with the upper part of your body and chest looking empty
- You feel a lack of confidence because you feel your breasts are too small or could have more volume
- Your nipples point down and no longer sit on your chest where they used to
At Charlotte Plastic Surgery, one of our board-certified plastic surgeons will sit down and discuss whether or not you are a candidate for breast augmentation with a breast lift surgery during a one-on-one, consultation.
How do I know if I need a breast lift too?
In addition to breast augmentation, you may need a breast lift to achieve your desired results. If you feel like your breasts sag and your nipples point downwards, you may require a breast lift. One way you can tell whether or not you also need a breast lift is by looking in the mirror and assessing whether or not your nipples sit lower than the crease under your breasts. If they do, you may need excess skin removed during a breast surgery in order to fully achieve the perkiness and breast shape you desire.
Preparing for Your Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift Consultation
Now that you have a better idea of whether or not you are a breast augmentation with breast lift candidate, it’s time to sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out if surgery is truly right for you.
Keep in mind there is no “one size fits all” approach. It’s important to come to your consultation prepared with the prior knowledge and questions that will help the surgeon understand your desired results as well as come up with a solution that will the look you want to achieve.
Here is some of our expert advice:
Write Down All of Your Questions
During your consultation, you will be discussing a lot of information with your plastic surgeon so come prepared and don’t run the risk of possibly forgetting one of your questions. Make sure you also write down your concerns and goals and concerns to make sure everything gets discussed during the consultation.
Think About Your Recovery
Make sure you are realistic about what recovery will be like after a breast augmentation surgery. After your surgery, you will be restricted from heavy lifting for some weeks. You will also need a ride home after surgery so make sure to plan accordingly. Also plan to have a trusted family member or friend who can help you through your recovery process.
Find Breast Augmentation Before & After Photos to Review
To give your surgeon a better idea of your desired results and look you are going for, it is a good idea to do some research ahead of time and bring in some photos you’ve found online or in print magazines. We have some before and after photos here on charlotteplasticsurgery.com that may be helpful as well.
Consider Your Schedule
Plastic surgeons are typically booked many weeks out for surgery so be prepared to provide multiple timeframes and dates that can work for your schedule and don’t forget to consider the physical restrictions that may impact recovery length and time away from regular activities such as work or other obligations.