- PATIENT’S AGE: 46
- PROCEDURE(s):Tummy Tuck
- REASON FOR CHOOSING PROCEDURE:Patient underwent massive weight loss surgery and was unhappy with resulting loose skin and excess fat on stomach
- RESULTS/BENEFITS:The removal of excess skin and fat and tightening of the abdominal muscles created a contoured tummy.
What is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, eliminates excess skin and fat and mends weakened muscles to make a smoother, firmer abdominal profile.
A slim and well-toned tummy is something a lot people try for through exercise and weight management. Occasionally these methods can’t reach our desired appearance.
Even people of otherwise normal body weight and ratio can develop a stomach that protrudes or is sagging and loose.
Tummy Tuck Recovery
Throughout a tummy tuck, you are going to be under general anesthesia, making you totally unconscious and not able to feel pain. You are monitored by a dedicated CRNA the entire time you are asleep in order to ensure your safety.
Depending on the surgical technique, thin tubes might be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood that can accumulate.
You’ll be given specific directions which may include:
- The best way to care for the surgical site and drains
- Medicines to help with the healing process and reduce the potential for infection
- Certain concerns to observe in the surgical site or on your overall health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon
Make sure you ask your tummy tuck plastic surgeon specific questions regarding everything you can expect during your personal tummy tuck recovery time.