When summer is over and beach towels and flip-flops find their way back to our closets, we’re often left with small reminders of our sun-loving season. No, we’re not talking about tan lines and sand in your floorboards, we’re talking about sun damage – dark spots, wrinkles, dryness, rough texture, and many other skin quality issues that come from enjoying the sun’s rays.
UV exposure is the king of all contributors when it comes to bad-looking skin tone & texture and you don’t need much to cause big problems. Plus, when it’s combined with dry fall & winter weather, it can leave your skin looking pretty rough…literally! But the good news is that you can do something about it and now is the perfect time to start making small changes that can improve your skin for years to come.
“I’m not one of those people who just wakes up and has great skin. But now I look like I am.” – actual CPS patient
We got together with our skin health experts, licensed estheticians, registered nurses, and board-certified plastic surgeons to lay out exactly how you can reverse sun damage, signs of aging, and protect yourself from further injury. Plus, for a limited time, you can enjoy 10-15% off these amazing treatments & products! So without further ado, here is Charlotte Plastic Surgery’s Simple Fix Skin Guide to reverse sun damage and overall aging.
Step 1 – Clean up your complexion by targeting blemishes
The BBL (broadband light) is often called a laser but technically it’s a little different – the BBL delivers intense pulses of light into the skin which target areas of browns and reds. The heat absorbed by the BBL stimulates your skin cells to regenerate and the damaged areas are replaced with healthy cells – in other words, bye-bye discolorations and hello even skin tone. And it works on much more than just correcting blemishes – BBL patients actually look younger over time. A renowned dermatologist performed a ten-year study where patients received BBL treatments 1 to 4 times per year. When the patients were re-evaluated ten years later, they looked younger than when they started the study*!
- Right now, get 10% off BBL treatments when you mention this post
- Corrects blemishes/discoloration and maintains a youthful appearance
- Zero downtime: patients can resume normal activities immediately
- Long-lasting results: numerous clinical studies including patients treated 10+ years ago
- Fast treatment: average treatment time of 15 minutes for a full face
- Effective on all body areas: face, neck, chest, arms, shoulders, hands
Step 2 – Smooth out your skin by correcting texture & wrinkles
Many of us struggle with poor texture and lackluster skin quality,especially in the dry winter months. But did you know that the power of rejuvenation was inside you all along? You’ve probably heard of PRP (platelet rich plasma) by now – a substance in your blood that contains hundreds of your own growth factors responsible for cell turnover. These growth factors can be extracted from your blood and used to regenerate your skin during a Microneedling with PRP treatment. Microneedling is a simple lunchtime treatment that creates tiny punctures in the skin. The PRP is applied to the skin and into the small channels the Microneedling device leaves behind, penetrating deep to aide in cell recovery and collagen production.
- Right now, get 10% off Microneedling with PRP treatments when you mention this post
- Targets crepey/loose skin, rough texture, dull complexion, and even stretch marks & acne scars
- Minimal downtime: patients can resume normal activities immediately
- Long-lasting results: improved collagen & elastin production with regular sessions
- Fast treatment: average treatment time 20 minutes for a full face
- Effective on all body areas: face, neck, chest, etc.
Step 3 – Plump up your skin by replacing lost hydration
That plump, firm feeling in your face after moisturizing isn’t an illusion – our skin is plumper and more firm when it’s full of moisture! According to the British Journal of Dermatology, people with properly moisturized skin accumulate wrinkles at just a fraction of the rate of those with dry skin. Give your skin what it craves this winter by switching your daily moisturizer to a more emollient product that penetrates deep and provides moisture all day long. Pair that with a hydrator rich in Hyaluronic Acid to boost moisture retention and your skin will feel smoother than ever before.
We recommend products like SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair Cream and HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator to fight off frosty weather flakiness.
- Right now, get 15% off Dermal Repair & HA5 when you mention this post
- Dermal Repair Cream’s intense hydration helps prevent moisture loss
- Improves smoothness & luminosity with highest levels of antioxidants & vitamins
- HA5 improves fine lines & wrinkles while supporting the skin’s ability to retain moisture
- Balanced formulations good for all skin types, decreases lines & wrinkles
“Products & treatments go hand in hand…if you’re using the right products at home, you’ll see a more lasting result from treatments we’re doing in the office.” – Kelly Wolff, Licensed Esthetician
Watch Kelly’s interview here!
Step 4 – Protect your skin from further damage & future aging
One of the biggest mistakes we see patients make is not taking steps to protect their skin – and we’re not just talking about protection from UV rays, but also from blue light emitted from electronic devices. Even on cloudy days, you’re experiencing UV damage to your skin on a cellular level not to mention an average of 10+ hours per day of blue light from tablets, phones, and computer monitors. And although we can’t stop exposure to these elements from happening altogether, there are steps we can take to influence how these factors affect our skin. The first step in protection is using a sunscreen 365 days a year – we recommend a product like Alastin’s Hydratint. It’s not just a sunscreen; it protects against UVA/UVB rays, has a blendable tint that suits most skin tones, and even has ingredients to improve skin hydration and shield against pollution-induced damage. Next, incorporate an antioxidant-rich product like SkinMedica’s Lumivive to repair and defend your skin – its two-part system uses your body’s sleep cycle to reverse damage at night while creating a bio-barrier to defend against future damage during the day.
- Right now, get 15% off Hydratint & Lumivive when you mention this post
- Alastin Hydratint is lightweight, tinted, rich in antioxidants, and has ingredients to help improve hydration
- Can be used daily under makeup or as a standalone foundation
- SkinMedica Lumivive 2 part system improves redness, discoloration, & radiance
- Night Complex – enhances skin’s ability to repair itself at night
- Day Complex – fights the impact of blue light and environmental pollution
The fall & winter months are a great time of year to implement these simple steps to better skin. And with holiday parties and family gatherings on the horizon, now is the perfect time to take advantage of this special pricing* and sit down with a skin health specialist to lay out your roadmap to recovery. You can take steps to not only reverse the signs of aging and sun exposure from your skin but also, protect your complexion from future damage and discoloration. Now that you have the tools, it’s time to take back your skin – schedule your free consultation with VISIA analysis with one of the experts at Charlotte Plastic Surgery. But act soon – this offer ends on December 28, 2018.
With over 67 years in the aesthetic industry, we know what works and what doesn’t so that we can offer you the very best science has to offer. Schedule your appointment today by calling (704) 550-2249 or click here and let us help you discover your best you.
*Promotional discounts are not to be combined with any other offer other than Brilliant Distinctions. Offer not valid on previous product purchases or treatments. All services and products must be deemed medically appropriate by CPS professional and may not be refunded for cash value. Procedures must be secured with a deposit by 12/28/2018 to use discount.
*Retrospective Evaluation of the Long-term Antiaging Effects of BroadBand Light Therapy: https://www.patrickbitterjrmd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Dr.-Bitter-Retrospective-Evaluation-of-the-Long-term-Antiaging-Effects-of-BroadBand-Light-Therapy-Cosmetic-Dermatology-2013.pdf
* New wrinkles on wrinkling: an 8‐year longitudinal study on the progression of expression lines into persistent wrinkles: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2133.2010.09709.x
Let us know if you liked this post!