THEODORE T. NYAME, M.D.
From a very young age, Dr. Theo Nyame showed a level of desire and dedication towards providing positive outcomes for himself and those around him. Throughout their highly competitive childhood, Dr. Nyame and his brother had an exceptional sibling rivalry. They pushed one another towards the highest level of academic and professional success.
When Dr. Nyame was just eight-years-old, his parents relocated their family to the Bronx, NY from his birthplace of Ghana, West Africa. They wanted to be able to provide their children with more opportunities.
Shortly after moving, the brothers quickly adapted to American culture, where they advanced through the academic ranks of their peers to the end up at the top of their classes. With undergraduate studies coming up, Dr. Nyame decided he was going to ultimately join the medical community and improve the value of life for patients all over the world.
As noted before, Dr. Nyame comes to us from Ghana, West Africa. After coming to the realization that the conditions of Ghana leave many of the citizens there in need of reconstructive procedures, Dr. Nyame selected cosmetic surgery as his medical specialty.
During his undergraduate studies, Dr. Nyame attended Cornell University where he graduated top of his class before continuing on to Harvard Medical School. Here, he completed his medical studies and plastic surgery training.
After receiving his Doctorate of Medicine, Dr. Nyame kicked off what has developed into an international tour of medical missions and speeches. He uses these opportunities to enhance the quality of information circulated through the industry. He has traveled across the world – from Norway to Australia – to spread information on the latest techniques and technologies to his esteemed peers in the plastic surgery community.
The secret to Dr. Nyame’s unconditional passion for results-oriented service to his patients is not a secret at all. “For me, walking out of a treatment knowing that I delivered the best work possible for my patients is most important,” he explains. His promise is to combine experience with personal interest to deliver the best work possible for his patients.
During his downtime, Dr. Nyame enjoys working out, playing chess and youth outreach. He and his wife are recently married and looking forward to nurturing a new, successful and happy life here in the Queen City.
- Undergraduate: Cornell University (Magna Cum Laude)
- Medical School: Harvard Medical School
- General Surgery Training: Harvard Medical School MGH/BWH/BIDMC
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Harvard Plastic Surgery Program
- Research Fellowship: Harvard Medical School Pfiffer Fellow
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship: Gold Coast University Hospital, Queensland, Australia
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Harvard Medical School surgical teaching award
- Harvard Medical School Hollis L. Albright, ’31 Scholar
- Harvard Medical School Linnane Scholar (Academic excellence and community leadership)
- Omega Psi Phi National Scholar (Highest National GPA)
- Omega Psi Phi Herman Dreer Scholar
- National Medical Fellowships Emerging Leadership Award
- Massachusetts Medical Society Scholar
- Author of medical peer-reviewed articles and book chapters
- Lecturer at national and international meetings
- Clinical adviser to skin/trauma research center – Medizinische Universitat Wein (Vienna, Austria)
- Adjunct Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Faculty: Pacific Private Hospital Breast Academy Center (Queensland, Australia)