“Dr. Stephan Finical made me feel completely comfortable, walked me through each procedure and recovery expectations. I love my results. Save your time and consultation fees and go see Dr. Finical and his team if you are considering any elective surgery.” -Stephanie H.
Throughout his career as a renowned plastic surgeon and a respected educator, Dr. Finical has never lost sight of his most important achievement: a happy client. There have been many at Charlotte Plastic Surgery, and Dr. Finical is known as much for his enduring relationships as his surgical expertise.
In conversations with his patients, he addresses concerns and helps them understand what to look for in a plastic surgeon, what to expect during procedures, and what results can be achieved. “An educated patient is the best patient,” he explains. “I don’t gloss over options, alternatives, or risks. All my patients hear that. We work as a team.”
In addition to such career highlights as working on staff at the Mayo Clinic and contributing frequently to many peer-reviewed journals, Dr. Finical is proud that he and his fellow surgeons at Charlotte Plastic Surgery have learned the art of customer service through Ritz-Carlton training. He believes that going above and beyond to make patients feel more comfortable and at home is fundamental to the philosophy of his team and his practice.
Dr. Stephan Finical is the only plastic surgeon in Charlotte affiliated with the prestigious RHINOPLASTY SOCIETY, an organization of roughly only 150 members that is comprised of the top Rhinoplasty surgeons in the world. These surgeons specialize in the most complex nose procedures and the most advanced and innovative surgical techniques for rhinoplasty surgery.
Rhinoplasty is considered one of the most difficult operations in the realm of plastic surgery, and members of this organization seek to help improve the quality of Rhinoplasty throughout the world by sharing their expert knowledge and skills with each other. Many of the most respected surgeons in the world are members of this group, who upon application must go through an extensive vetting process and meet very strict criteria for membership.
Dr. Finical is proud to be affiliated with a society that was founded on the idea that surgeons can achieve Rhinoplasty procedure success through education and research; members meet annually and are able to share the latest surgical techniques and methods. Members of the Rhinoplasty Society are considered some of the most innovative and deeply committed rhinoplasty or “nose job” surgeons in the world. As a member of this society, Dr. Finical prides himself on achieving the best results for natural-looking rhinoplasty in Charlotte, NC, and Charlotte Plastic Surgery is honored to be associated with those members and the organization.
Dr. Finical has been a member of the Aesthetic Society for the past 20 years, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons. ASAPS is a subset of plastic surgeons that concentrate on cosmetic procedures. This is a subset of plastic surgeons that have a stronger interest in aesthetic procedures and is an ongoing source of up-to-date training. Dr. Finical has been a member of this society for the past 20 years and a regular attendee in their meetings and educational sessions.
The Southeast Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons is a regional society within the southeast that promotes education in plastic surgery for doctors in this region. Dr. Finical has served on the board of the Society for 10 years and was elevated to the president in 2019. After serving his term as president, he remains an active member of the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and is a regular presenter at their annual meeting.
A native of Mansfield, Ohio, Dr. Stephan Finical enjoys sports, reading, traveling, and spending time with his wife and their two children.
- Undergraduate: Ohio Wesleyan University (Magna Cum Laude graduate)
- Medical School: Georgetown University
- General Surgery Residency: Georgetown University
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
- Member of the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa academic honor society
- Fellowship at the Oregon Health Science University, Portland, Oregon
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Surgery Subspecialty Teacher of the Year Award in 2000 from Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the American College of Surgeons (FACS), the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Guest editor of Clinics in Plastic Surgeryand a writer of questions for the plastic surgeons in-training exam for ten years
- On staff at the Mayo Clinic in the Division of Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Published in numerous peer-reviewed journals
- Past president of the medical staff at Mercy Hospital
- Chairman of the system-wide medical executive committee for Carolinas Medical Center
- Officer in the Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
More from Dr. Finical!
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Stephan Finical!
We’re ready to discuss all of our services and what fits your needs best. Please fill out the form below and we’ll respond in the order it was received.