KEVIN L. SMITH, M.D.
For Dr. Smith, the secret to plastic surgery is simple, at least on the surface. “Good plastic surgery isn’t seen,” he explains. “I want my patients to look so good and natural that nobody knows. I get the greatest joy from helping people improve the way they look and feel. And it never ceases to amaze me how much the physical improvement affects a person’s state of mind.”
His empathetic approach is highly valued at Charlotte Plastic Surgery. By offering multiple consultations before a procedure and support through every phase of recovery, Dr. Smith has earned the trust and admiration of numerous patients over the years. He continues to learn about new innovations in the field and to explore new techniques. But like his fellow surgeons at Charlotte Plastic Surgery, he ensures all procedures are tested, effective and safe before performing any of them.
Dr. Smith’s passion for helping others carries over into his personal life. He and his wife Deb, a registered nurse, are involved in international medical missions and have served extensively overseas. Dr. Smith is the founding vice president of Physicians for Peace with his mentor, Dr. Charles Horton. This organization sends experts in medical fields to third world countries in need – not just to provide medical care, but to teach others how to provide it. Dr. Smith has traveled all over the world teaching others how to complete reconstructive surgeries. And Charlotte Plastic Surgery has trained 26 fellows from Greece, Romania, Syria, Turkey, Jordan and Egypt through their affiliation with Dr. Smith’s organization.
- Undergraduate: Princeton University
- Master of Science in Biology: George Washington University
- Medical School: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- General Surgery Residency: Thomas Jefferson University
- Plastic Surgery Residency: Eastern Virginia Medical Graduate School of Medicine
- Fellowship in hand surgery at the Hand Rehabilitation Center, Thomas Jefferson University
- Certified by both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Associate Clinical Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Member of the Board of Medical Advisors for the Society of Medical Aestheticians