JACK F. SCHEUER III, M.D.
Growing up in the small town of Camden, South Carolina, Dr. Jack Scheuer knew that his career path would lead him towards medicine. His first mentors were his father, an internal medicine physician, who instilled in him a strong desire to help others, and his mother, an artist. “I’ve always respected her eye for symmetry and balance. Plastic surgery allows me to take advantage of my own artistic side and enhance the natural beauty of each individual.” His keen aesthetic eye and deep personal interest in the success of each patient is evident in every surgical outcome. He explains, “There’s nothing better than seeing a patient’s renewed confidence after a procedure. It’s the greatest reward possible.”
Dr. Scheuer completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia, a family tradition shared amongst his father, sister, and two younger brothers. Upon earning his medical degree at the Medical University of South Carolina, Dr. Scheuer moved to Dallas after being selected to train in the highly competitive general and plastic surgery residency programs at the University of Texas Southwestern, one of the top ranking plastic surgery training programs in the country. Further establishing himself as a leader in his field, Dr. Scheuer was hand-selected to join the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and also won the coveted Bostwick Award at the Atlanta Breast Symposium. Following residency, Dr. Scheuer further honed his skills by completing an aesthetic surgery fellowship at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital. During his time in New York City, he once again had the opportunity to train with world-renowned plastic surgeons and run his own aesthetic surgery practice.
In addition to his contributions to peer reviewed journals and publications, Dr. Scheuer is continually recognized for his professionalism, gifted skill, and compassionate service to others in the community. “Patients are placing their health and trust in their surgeon, and therefore deserve the best care possible. It’s my responsibility to provide that while helping them accomplish their goals.”
In his time away from the office, Dr. Scheuer enjoys tennis, snow skiing, reading, cooking, and visiting with family. He and his wife Jennifer, a registered nurse, enjoy spending time in the outdoors with their two rescue dogs, Decker and Buster, and traveling. They are very happy to be back home in the Carolinas near family and friends.
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia – Charlottesville, Virginia
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, South Carolina
- General Surgery Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern – Dallas, Texas
- Plastic Surgery Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern – Dallas, Texas
- Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship: Manhattan Eye, Ear, & Throat Hospital – New York, New York
- Awarded the Bostwick Award at The Atlanta Breast Symposium
- Many contributions to various peer reviewed journals and publications
- Member of Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery