The Mommy Makeover is one of our most popular procedures among patients who have decided their childbearing days are behind them. It brings back your pre-baby body by rejuvenating both the breasts and the body.
Breast rejuvenation typically involves a breast lift, a breast implant placement or both. As a result of changes to a woman’s body during pregnancy and/or breast feeding, the breasts tend to droop and lose volume. An implant, a lift or a mastopexy can restore this volume as well as the shape of your breasts before childbirth.
Tummy rejuvenation typically involves a tummy tuck. During pregnancy, the stretching of the lower abdomen affects not only the skin (often resulting in stretch marks), but the muscle layers. No matter how many sit ups you may do after childbirth, you’re fighting a losing battle with muscles that lack the ability to recoil back into pre-baby shape. The surgery of a tummy tuck includes tightening the inner layers of the abdomen as well as removing the loose skin of the lower abdomen.
The combination of these two procedures is quite powerful in restoring your shape and confidence.
Brilliant Distinctions Rewards Program
Enrolling in this program is free, so if you are a skin care advocate why not take an easy step towards keeping your skin that much more healthy and radiant?
Learn more about this program, the products offered or the rewards system – Brilliant Distinctions Program.
At Charlotte Plastic Surgery, we’re excited about recent enhancements that improve the Mommy Makeover experience. We offer VECTRA 3-D imaging of the breast, which allows you to be photographed in three dimensions, then the image is projected onto a TV monitor so that you can clearly see how a lift, an implant or both would look after surgery.
We also offer our patients Exparel, a long-term local pain medicine that we inject at the time of a tummy tuck. This is a time-tested bupivacaine, similar to the local anesthetic used by dentists. Pain is under control and you can be up and about more quickly, which is helpful in reducing the length of recovery time. With Exparel, you can also avoid narcotic pain pills and the side effects associated with them.
Yet another enhancement is the addition of scar recovery gel by SkinMedica. This product contains scientifically proven ingredients that decrease the inflammation or redness of scars while helping them heal faster.
What to consider when choosing the Mommy Makeover:
- These procedures are recommended for patients who are not planning on having any more children. Pregnancy after the Mommy Makeover will not hurt the child, but it would potentially hinder long-term benefits and results.
- Full recovery can take up to four weeks. The first week after surgery, mothers with young children should plan to have help around the house on a regular basis, because tasks such as lifting and driving will be severely restricted. As healing continues over the next few weeks, more and more activity is encouraged, but it can take up to a month to return to a normal routine. So as you plan ahead for special events (summer vacation, a family wedding, a class reunion), we encourage you to factor in the proper amount of recovery time.
- Breast Augmentation / Lift Mommy Makeover Tummy Tuck Profile No. 98696
- Mommy Makeover Tummy Tuck Profile No. 104703
- Breast Augmentation / Lift Mommy Makeover Profile No. 104856
- Mommy Makeover Tummy Tuck Profile No. 98566
- Breast Augmentation / Lift Mommy Makeover Tummy Tuck Profile No. 105360
- Breast Augmentation / Lift Mommy Makeover Tummy Tuck Profile No. 97879