Bring a more youthful, refreshed look to the area above your eyes with a forehead lift or “brow lift.” Drooping eyebrows, hooding over eyes and furrowed foreheads can be smoothed out by removing excess tissue, altering muscles and tightening the forehead skin.
A brow lift can be performed with or without an endoscope. Using the endoscopic approach, incisions are made in the hair-bearing scalp. After elevating the brow and altering underlying muscles, the area is sutured snugly in place and loose bandages are applied – and after recovery, you emerge with a more restful look.
Get in touch with us here at Charlotte Plastic Surgery to learn more about what you can expect with this procedure and the results you can achieve.
- Length: 1-2 hours.
- Anesthesia: Usually asleep.
- In/outpatient: Outpatient.
- Side effects: Temporary swelling, numbness, headaches and bruising. Traditional method: Possible itching and hair loss. Pain is minimal and relieved with oral medications for the first day or two. Bruising and swelling subside in seven to 14 days.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include loss of sensation.
- Recovery: Scars will fade considerably over time and are hidden by the hair. Back to work: Two to three days, usually sooner for endoscopic forehead lift. More strenuous activity: several weeks. Full recovery from bruising: two to three weeks. Limit sun exposure for several months.
- Duration of results: Results can last up to 15 years.