Take years off your appearance with one of the most well known of all cosmetic surgeries. A facelift can create dramatic results for both men and women experiencing problems with their faces and necks sagging or drooping.
By tightening the skin and underlying soft tissues of your face and neck, you’ll look younger and feel refreshed and renewed.
Here at Charlotte Plastic Surgery, our experienced surgeons at our Charlotte and Ballantyne locations are available to discuss the procedure in more detail, our surgical techniques and the results you can expect.
- Length: 3-4 hours.
- Anesthesia: Usually asleep.
- In/outpatient: Usually outpatient.
- Side effects: Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness and tenderness of skin; tight feeling, dry skin. For men, beard-growing skin may be repositioned.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include hematoma, the most common risk, occurring in approximately four percent of patients nationally. Also possible are seroma, nerve injury (sensory and motor), alopecia, pigment changes and asymmetry or change in hairline.
- Recovery: Back to work: 10 to 14 days. More strenuous activity: Two weeks or more. Bruising: Two to three weeks. Must limit exposure to sun for several months.
- Duration of results: Usually seven to 10 years.