Despite adequate rest and good health, puffy bags around your eyes or sagging upper eyelids may cause your face to appear haggard or fatigued.
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, can correct drooping or bulging eyelids by removing excess fat, skin and muscle, giving you a rested and refreshed appearance.
At Charlotte Plastic Surgery, we’re here to talk through your options, recommend a treatment plan and review the results you can expect.
- Length: 60-90 minutes.
- Anesthesia: Local with sedation, or general (asleep).
- In/outpatient: Outpatient.
- Side effects: Temporary discomfort, tightness of lids, swelling, bruising, temporary dryness, burning and itching of eyes, excessive tearing and sensitivity to light for first few weeks.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include temporary blurred or double vision, swelling at the corners of the eyelids, dry eyes, slight asymmetry in healing or scarring, blindness (extremely rare). Patients must have controlled blood pressure and be off aspirin-containing products for two weeks prior to surgery.
- Recovery: Reading: Two or three days. Back to work: Seven to ten days. Contact lenses: Two weeks or more. Strenuous activities, alcohol: About three weeks. Bruising and swelling gone: Several weeks.
- Duration of results: Five to 10 years.