Oversized breasts can cause a host of problems, including neck, back and shoulder pain, as well as skin irritation. These are problems that not only affect how you look, but how you live. You can be limited in your choices in clothing, as well as the activities in which you can participate.
Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty, involves the removal of excess breast tissue to reshape and lift the breasts. This procedure helps to relieve the mental distress, physical restrictions and painful strain on other parts of the body caused by excessively heavy breasts.
Our experienced surgeons are available to discuss the procedure, surgical techniques and the results you can expect in more detail through a consultation. Your consultation may be covered under your insurance plan – let us know and we may be able to bill your insurance company.
- Length: 2-4 hours.
- Anesthesia: General (asleep).
- In/outpatient: Outpatient.
- Side effects: Swelling, edema, altered nipple sensation, bruising.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include scarring and delayed healing.
- Recovery: Back to non-strenuous work activity within a week; active exercise usually after two weeks.
- Duration of results: Permanent.