You may start out looking to balance your body proportions, but along the way you may find a more balanced view of yourself. Breast augmentation offers the unique opportunity to transform your breasts’ size, volume and shape, resulting in a flattering new you.This procedure involves using breast implants to increase the size of your breasts or to restore breast volume that may have been reduced because of pregnancy or weight loss. Incision options can be discussed with patients, but they will be made in inconspicuous areas to hide scarring. You have many options when it comes to breast implants, and this is a decision our surgeons make with you. The size and type of the most suitable implant depends on multiple factors such as your desired increase in size, but also on your breast anatomy, skin elasticity and body type. There are many resources to help you evaluate and understand your options with breast augmentation, but sometimes it’s hard to know which source to trust. We can help answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Charlotte Plastic Surgery offers the Vectra 3D imaging system to help you visualize what breast implants will look like on your body. In your consultation, the machine takes a photo of your body, and our experienced physicians walk you through different implant options and sizes so you can see the way your body may look following surgery. Interested in a preview? Try the Sculpt My Dream tool from Vectra, where you input your current body type and size and can simulate different implant sizes on a 3D model. Click here to see how this technology has helped our patients visualize results. To discuss your breast augmentation options in more detail, see the results you can expect, and learn about the costs associated with this procedure, please schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our surgeons at our Charlotte and Ballantyne office locations.
Brilliant Distinctions Rewards Program
Enrolling in this program is free, so if you are a skin care advocate why not take an easy step towards keeping your skin that much more healthy and radiant?
Learn more about this program, the products offered or the rewards system – Brilliant Distinctions Program.
- Length: 1 hour.
- Anesthesia: General (asleep).
- In/outpatient: Outpatient.
- Side effects: Temporary soreness, swelling, change in nipple sensation, bruising. Breast sensitive to stimulation for a few weeks.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include scarring, increase or decrease of sensitivity and mammography requiring a special technique.
- Recovery: Back to work: a few days. Physical contact with breasts: three to four weeks. Fading of scars: several months to a year or more.
- Duration of Results: Variable. Implants may require removal or replacement.