When you’ve lost substantial weight through diet, exercise or surgery, you can be left with excess baggy skin. Through the careful mapping of tissue and the use of new shaping techniques, the experienced surgeons at Charlotte Plastic Surgery offer innovative body contouring procedures that tighten and smooth your shape. Our extensive experience and qualifications provide you with methods that are tailored to your body type, skin tone and age.
- Length: 1.5 – 6 hours (depending on stages and procedures).
- Anesthesia: General.
- In/outpatient: Depends on the type of cosmetic body procedure and length of time (usually outpatient).
- Side effects: Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, burning sensation, asymmetry, puckering of skin.
- Risks: With any surgery, risks such as infection and blood clot exist. Our surgeons will always talk with you about potential risks specific to your procedures in your consultation. Other risks may include asymmetry, skin irregularity, change in pigmentation of the skin, scarring, fluid retention.
- Recovery: 2-6 weeks depending on procedure(s).
- Duration of results: Permanent with sensible diet and exercise.