Michael E. Beasley, M.D.
When it came to his career path, Dr. Beasley always had a natural direction. His first mentors were his father and his grandfather. As physicians, they instilled in him the importance of the profession and inspired him to help improve the lives of others.
A native North Carolinian, Dr. Beasley takes a great deal of Tarheel pride in graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, completing his medical studies there, and spending his general surgery residency at North Carolina Memorial Hospital in Chapel Hill. He next pursued his plastic surgery training at Emory University and completed his postgraduate fellowship in Atlanta with renowned surgeon Dr. Carl Hartrampf, Jr.
Dr. Beasley enjoys his profession because he takes a personal interest in the success of each patient. “One of the most important things I do is listen and advise,” he explains. “Listening is the best way to determine how to best serve every individual. I then do my best to provide quality, compassionate care utilizing a well-designed, proven, personalized surgical approach. For me, one of the most rewarding aspects of plastic surgery is when I get to share in the joy of a positive experience with each patient. Few things in life match that feeling.”
Away from the office, Dr. Beasley is an avid golfer and fly fisherman. He and his wife Denise have two children and participate in many Charlotte community organizations.
- Undergraduate: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Medical School: University of North Carolina School of Medicine
- General Surgery Residency: North Carolina Memorial Hospital, Chapel Hill
- Plastic surgery training at Emory University
- Postgraduate fellowship in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the breast with Dr. Carl Hartrampf, Jr
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Past President of the Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past President of the North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Past Chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Presbyterian Hospital
- Member of the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Served on the medical boards of Presbyterian Hospital and the American Cancer Society
- Author of medical peer-reviewed articles and book chapters
- Lecturer at national and international meetings
- Selected as one of “The Best Doctors in America,” “America’s Top Doctors” and “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” by Castle Connolly Top Doctors (listed in U.S. News & World Report), America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, Best Doctors Inc., Business North Carolina, and Charlotte Magazine